The Occupational Health Service (OHS) is a professional and confidential service for all Doctors and Dentists in Training (DiTs) requiring additional support, we believe that early intervention is essential.
PAM group is the occupational health provider for all DiT’s employed by the Lead Employer Trust.
The aim of the service is to ensure every DiT has access to the relevant support services to enable them to complete training and contribute to delivering the highest possible quality of care to patients.
A significant number of DiT’s will, at some point in their career run into either personal or professional problems which may impact on their work or training and therefore may need additional support.
PAM Group offers a number of services which include:
- Occupational Health – quality driven services aimed at preventing industrial injury and supporting the management of sickness absence
- Psychological Services – the unique stepped care model provides employers with the most effective therapy to help DiT’s return to health and work as quickly as possible
- Wellness Solutions – the aim is to reduce stress, prevent injury or improve fitness, PAM offer tailored solutions that make a long-term difference to the health and wellbeing of our DiT’s
- Employee Assistance – This is a confidential, 24/7 support service, focused on preventing mental health related absence by helping DiT’s to cope with the pressures of everyday life
- Musculoskeletal Services – A comprehensive physiotherapy & ergonomics solution, with the aim of getting our DiT’s back to full fitness as quickly and as safely as possible
- Drug & Alcohol Services – supporting employers and employees through preventative screening; including pre-employment, for cause & random programmes
Referrals are made by the Lead Employer Trust in conjunction with Heads of School; Training Programme Directors & School Managers. Following a referral, the DiT will receive a text message to notify them of an appointment, where PAM will explore the nature of their needs and plan with the DiT how best to support them.
You can access the support service by calling telephone 0808 175 3328 or visit the website www.pamgroup.co.uk
Health Education England North East (HEENE) offer a comprehensive Professional Support & Wellbeing Unit to provide advice to training programmes and support for doctors and dentists in training working across the North East and North Cumbria experiencing difficulty which is affecting their ability to train. For further information please visit https://madeinheene.hee.nhs.uk/education2/Professional-Support-Wellbeing-Unit