You are invited to submit an abstract to showcase an area of work/project that you have implemented or are currently working on for potential inclusion in a poster exhibition at the Patient Safety and Quality Conference taking place on 30th September 2022.
This year the abstract process will be different. All local abstract submissions will be reviewed by your organisations Director of Medical Education or nominated leads. The top abstracts felt to represent the organisations most successful or innovative work will be submitted to showcase at the conference. A Jon Hanson award will be presented for the best poster/project in memory of Jon Hanson former Chair of the Faculty of Patient Safety.
This will be an opportunity to share innovation and expertise of work taking place within the North east and north Cumbria. Abstracts should relate to one of themes below and is either in progress or has improved the quality of care and/or patient safety.
For example the panel are looking for:-
- Collaborative Working - Projects or initiatives that have been developed through collaborative working with colleagues, partner organisations and local communities for the benefit patient care and patient safety.
- Learning from Errors – examples exploring untoward incidents and how learning has led to changes to promote patient safety
- Innovation –Projects or initiatives that recognises the contribution to carrying out quality improvement activities that introduce a new service or improve ways of working for the overall benefit of improving quality of care for patients.
- Quality Framework –Projects/initiatives that relate to one or more of the themes from the HEE Quality Framework. Information on the quality framework can be found here.
1) Learning Environment and Culture
2) Educational Governance and Leadership
3) Supporting and Empowering Learners
4) Supporting and Empowering Educators
5) Developing and Implementing Curricula and Assessments
6) Developing a Sustainable Workforce
Timeline and process for submission deadline will be set by the individual organisation
|Local Education Providers
|Higher Education Institutes
|County Durham and Darlington NHS FT
|Dr Leigh Simmonds
|Cumbria, Northumberland Tyne and Wear NHS FT
|Dr Bruce Owen
|New College Durham
|Gateshead Health NHS FT
|Dr Fiaz Ahmad
|Newcastle upon Tyne NHS FT
|Dr Ifti Haq
|North Tees NHS FT
|Dr Dolon Basu
|Northumbria Healthcare NHS FT
|Dr Andrea Myers
|North Cumbria Intergrated Care NHS FT
|Prof Samuel Dearman
|South Tees NHS FT
|Dr James Ryan
|South Tyneside and Sunderland NHS FT
|Dr Simon Panter
|Tees Esk and Wear Valley
|Dr Hany El-Sayeh
Instruction for Posters Production:-
Should you be invited to submit a poster for inclusion in the exhibition – please note the following:-
- Portrait orientation is preferred for posters.
- For posters to be newly prepared – we suggest a size of A1.
- For posters that have already been prepared – please indicate the size.