Welcome to Geriatrics Medicine and General (Internal Medicine). We hope you’ll enjoy your training with us and we’ve designed the following pages to help you settle in easily.
Ella Costello is Specialty Programme Coordinator for Geriatrics and she is the first port of call for questions about the training programme. You will receive emails from her regarding courses, assessments and training days. She works in the Specialty Training Office at HEE NE, Waterfront 4, Goldcrest Way, Newcastle Upon Tyne.
The Training Programme Directors is Dr Ahmed Jaafar. He meets with trainee representatives and representatives from HEE NE several times per year at the Specialty Training Committee.
What you need to do now:
- Look at the Courses/Training section for the dates of training days in Geriatrics and in General Internal Medicine (GIM). Please consult the Education Centre at the hospital in which you are based to claim your study leave days and allowance.
- Read through the curriculums and decision aids on the JRCPTB pages for Geriatrics and General (Internal) Medicine so that you know what is expected over the next four years.
- Find out who your educational supervisor is, arrange to meet with them and add them to your Eportfolio.
- Read about the assessment process in the ARCP section, so you know what paperwork you will need to produce.
- Consider the different locations on the rotation and where you may be sent to for training