In the north east and north Cumbria, we aim to offer all junior doctors & dentists in training the best education and training experience so they enter their chosen profession fully prepared.
In the north east...
- Our regional teaching programmes are highly rated in the GMC trainee survey.
- We achieve higher than average exam pass rates in many specialties.
- We are repeatedly rated top in several indicators in the GMC trainee survey.
- North Cumbria is part of the national Trainee Enhanced Recruitment Scheme.
- You can enjoy an excellent work/life balance in the region with good commutes and a low cost of living. Visit the dedicated Find Your Place website to find out more about our local trusts, GP practices and the area.
Recruitment information can be found on the Northern Foundation School pages.
Recruitment information can be found on the Multi-disciplinary Dental Education pages.
Medical recruitment is a national application process managed via Oriel.
Visit our recruitment page for vacancies in our specialty and general practice training programmes.
Academic recruitment takes place in the autumn of each year however opportunities arise at other times. Visit our Academic Recruitment page to find out details of our latest Academic Clinical Fellowship (ACF) opportunities and NIHR Clinical Lecturer (CL) vacancies.
Primary care recruitment
We train GPs to work holistically, not as mini-specialists in everything. Our training programmes offer high quality taught courses throughout the training period. We offer a complete range of experience in general practice from rural to inner city including a wide variety of selected and supervised hospital posts throughout the area as well as a large and growing number of integrated training posts.
Find out more about the 3 GP training programmes in the region: