Over the 5 year training programme each trainee must attend:
- Regional Gastroenterology Registrar Training Programme - a minimum of 70% of the sessions each year (counted from one ARCP to the next).
- GIM Training afternoons - a minimum of 70% of the sessions per year (counted from one ARCP to the next).
- Basic Skills in Upper GI Endoscopy Course
- Basic Skills in Colonoscopy Course
- Sedation Course
- Nutrition Course - the following websites may be useful - Intercollegiate Group on
Nutrition and Clinical
- Management Course
- ALS – is valid for 4 years and must remain valid throughout training
- In addition, it is highly recommended that trainees attend a number of regional, national and international meetings. Please check the Calendar for details of recommended regional and national courses, conferences and training days.
- Endoscopy courses can be booked via the JETS website.