We are very keen to continue supporting Out of Programme (OOP) as we believe it enhances your training greatly. For ideas, opportunities and contacts, take a look at research and additional posts. For details of the types of OOP and the application process see the main Out of programme section of the website . Be aware that, because of the potential impact of gaps in rotas on service delivery, quality of care and potentially the safety of patients, there is a fairly long and necessarily proscriptive process involved in applying for OOP. It’s a good idea to familiarise yourself with the process and the requirements early on – i.e. as soon as you start considering any out of programme opportunities."
1. Except in exceptional circumstances registrars should only leave the training programme at one point in the year – currently this is the rotational date in September
2. Applications for OOP must be received and approved by the TPD and Director of Specialty Training prior to the closing date for round one ST3 applications. This date is usually around the middle of February.
A completed application requires all of the following:
- Success in the selection process for the relevant out of programme experience
- Written approval from the postgraduate dean
- Written approval from the JRCPTB and GMC (this process is supported by your SPC).
For more details regarinding OOP in Gastroenterology please view the OOP Guidelines for Gastroenterology For furthre information on OOP in Health Education England North East, please view the HEENE OOP Policy.