Trainer Workshop dates for 2019/20 for your diaries are as below.
- Wed 4th September 2019 2-5pm: Making HDR/seminar teaching more interactive & focussed on trainees’ needs.
- Wed 29th January 2020 2-5pm: Updates to the RCGP ePortfolio & to Assessments
- Wed 25th March 2020 2-5pm: Trainee Support Programme + Early Identification of Trainees needing extra support
- Wed 24th June 2020 2-5pm: Keynote speaker & Prize Giving, inc audit presentation – with good ideas for trainers!
Additional Trainer Workshop
We have decided to run an additional Trainer Workshop on 4th December, with the aim of better supporting you in your work as a GP Trainer.
We thought an interactive TPD led session (me, Rubi V, and Mike Smith) might help to empower you.
Early identification has identified several areas:
- How to deal with difficult conversations / situations;
- IMG issues;
- Empowering ES’s to fail GPRs capabilities; improving Trainer confidence with “rating”.
- Transparency…recording concerns.
- Unauthorised absence: how we plan to deal with this.