Northumbria GP Training Programme has three directorates, Trainer Support, Hospital and General Practice.
Training programme directors (TPDs) in the Trainer Support Directorate provide a link between Trainers and the Northumbria GP Training Programme (NGPTP)
We support Trainers in the region through:
- Trainer development meetings
- Trainer support meetings
- Responding to trainer issues and concerns
- Review of LIME survey responses
- Trainer group administration
- Link TPDs with trainer groups
- Educational workshops and conferences
- New trainer events
You should contact us when
- You have concerns about your relationship with a doctor in GP training
- You want advice about your role as a GP Trainer or Educational Supervisor
- There are significant changes in the practice
- You become aware of practice performance issues especially if these involve either CQC or the GMC
- The practice receives an excellent or unsatisfactory CQC rating
- You want to take a break from training, or are returning after a break
We will contact you to
- Follow up your questions and requests
- Arrange your pre re-appointment development meeting (usually 3 yearly)
- Offer a Trainer support meeting, if we think that one might be needed
- Ask you to respond to unexpected LIME survey feedback
If it is urgent
Call the Training Programme Office on 0191 2156725 to arrange for someone to contact you as soon as possible. There may not be a TPD working every day of the week but we will try to respond to urgent contacts within two working days.
If it is not urgent
Email Karen Chambers (GP Specialty Assistant) and we will get back to you within a week.
Call a TPD on our telephone advice line. This is a new service we are currently piloting.
Telephone advice line
12.00 – 13.00pm