Study leave


Study Leave


Please refer to the Study Leave Policy when applying for a course. All requests must be made using the approved study leave request form.

If the course is mandatory for rotation into a Trust post, you must not pay for the course. The provision of this course is covered by the Trust.

GP Study Leave

Approved Course List

Study Leave Flowchart

Study Leave Request Form

For further detail please refer to the Study Leave Policy




We are delighted to inform you that HEE NE will go live with the new study leave system (Accent Leave Manager) soon. As yet we have not date for the 'go live' but will update as soon as we can 

Please find a link to the national communications video a guidance / FAQ’s document attached that has been developed providing important information to assist doctors in training when applying for study leave using Leave Manager.

To access your user account via the Accent Leave Manager homepage go to and click on “Forgotten password” – type in the email address that you have registered with HEE (the address held on the Trainee Information System, TIS) and click send reset password link. Your login credentials will then be emailed to you from – you will need to check your junk/spam folder as your email provider may filter the email.

If you do not receive your login credentials, experience any other technical problems or require any additional support with using Leave Manager, please do not hesitate to contact the HEE NE study leave administration team via