Foundation Dentist Educational Supervisor Applications
2022/23 recruitment timeline:
1 December 2021 - 17 January 2022 - application window
Week commencing 10 and 17 January - longlisting and shortlisting
Week commencing 24 January - notification of practice visits and interviews
February and March - practice visits carried out
10 March - mandatory Assessment and Feedback course for new applicants and anyone returning after a gap of 3 years or more
7 April - interviews (should there be insufficient capacity to hold all interviews on the 7 April we will also hold interviews on the 6 April)
Week commencing 18 April - candidates notified
8 June - mandatory Educational Supervisor training for new applicants and anyone returning after a gap of 3 years or more
30 June - mandatory Educational Supervisor training for all Educational Supervisors
7 July - mandatory Educational Supervisor/ Foundation Dentist matching event for all Educational Supervisors
The process for allocating FDs to ESs cannot be finalised until dental school graduation dates are confirmed.
- Equality and Diversity course completed within the last three years
- University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) Facilitating Learning in a Healthcare Practice. Registration with any similar educational course will be acceptable at this stage subject to it being at Postgraduate certificate level or greater.
- Venue: Online teaching
- Dates: 18 January 2022, 15 February 2022, 15 March 2022, 5 April 2022, 3 May 2022
- Fee: to be confimed, the fee for the 2021 cohort fee is £1152
- To enrol: Set up an account and search for the Facilitating Learning in a Healthcare Practice course commencing the new date. For queries regarding the application process email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If appointed, on completion of the course and proof of certificate, the course fee may be reimbursed (subject to available funding).
Application Process & Documents
Applications and accompanying documents must be submitted electronically to email@example.com by the closing date of 17 January 2022, 4pm.
Please title the email “Educational Supervisor application” and attach all the required documents which must be named accordingly.
Applications received by 20 December 2021 will be checked and you will be given the opportunity to resubmit any missing information by the above closing date.
- Handwritten applications will not be accepted
- Late applications will not be accepted
- Applications which are unsigned and/or incomplete and fail to include all documentation will not be progressed
- All applications will be verified and only those which are complete and correct will be accepted to take part in the Educational Supervisor appointment process
- As part of the long listing process, we will check the GDC website for verification of your registration number, date of registration and any listed restrictions or conditions. We will also check the CQC website to ensure there are no areas of non-compliance for the practice
The application comprises of five parts
1. Application form (to be completed electronically)
2. Educational Supervisor practice: list of essential and desirable requirements (to be completed electronically)
3. Sample Provider letter for applicants who are Performers/non contract owners only
4. Monitoring information (to be completed electronically)
5. List of essential documents to be submitted with your application
Educational Supervisor Appointment Policy (updated 17.12.21)
Educational Supervisor Role Profile
Longlisting/ Shortlisting criteria
Lead Employer Trust (LET) FAQ fact sheet