Foundation Dentist Educational Supervisor Applications
Health Education England working across the North East and north Cumbria are accepting applications from experienced GDPs for Dental Foundation Training (DFT) Educational Supervisors and dual Dental Foundation Training (DFT) and Foundation Dental Therapist (FDT) Educational Supervisors within the region.
Recruitment for Foundation Dental Therapist (FDT) Educational Supervisors will follow a separate timeline. Further details can be found here.
Applications and accompanying documents must be submitted electronically to email@example.com by the closing date of midnight 15 January 2023.
Please title the email “Educational Supervisor application” and attach all the required documents which must be named accordingly.
Applications received by noon Friday 23 December 2022 will be checked and you will be given the opportunity to resubmit any missing information by the above closing date.
• Handwritten applications will not be accepted
• Late applications will not be accepted
• Applications which are unsigned and/or incomplete and fail to include all documentation will not be progressed
• All applications will be verified and only those which are complete and correct will be accepted to take part in the Educational Supervisor appointment process
• As part of the long listing process, we will check the GDC website for verification of your registration number, date of registration and any listed restrictions or conditions. We will also check the CQC website to ensure there are no areas of non-compliance for the practice
Supporting DFT documentation:
DFT ES Role Profile
DFT ES Appointment Policy
Longlisting and Shortlisting Criteria
Supporting FDT documentation (for dual applications):
FDT ES Role Profile
FDT ES Appointment Policy
FDT Finance Information
Longlisting and Shortlisting Criteria
The application comprises of five parts
1. Application form (to be completed electronically)
2. Educational Supervisor practice: list of essential and desirable requirements (to be completed electronically)
3. Sample Provider letter for applicants who are Performers/noncontract owners only
4. Monitoring information (to be completed electronically)
5. List of essential documents to be submitted with your application
For applicants wishing to apply for a dual Educational Supervisor role (Foundation Dentist and a Foundation Dental Therapist) the following documentation is also required:
6. Foundation Dental Therapist Educational Supervisor practice: list of essential and desirable requirements (to be completed electronically)
Tuesday 6 December 2022 Application process opens
Friday 23 December 2022 Deadline for pre checking applications
Midnight, Sunday 15 January 2023 Closing date for applications
Week commencing 16 January 2023 Application longlisting
Week commencing 23 January 2023 Application shortlisting
February & March 2023 – dates TBC Practice Visits
Friday 31 March 2023 Assessment & Feedback course for new applicants (to be held in Durham)
Tuesday 25 April & Wednesday 26 April Face to Face assessment (to be held in Durham)
Week commencing 1 May 2023 Candidates notified
Thursday 15 June 2023 Mandatory training event for new and returning ESs – venue TBC
Thursday 22 June 2023 Mandatory training event for all ESs – venue TBC
- Equality and Diversity course completed within the last three years
- University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) Facilitating Learning in a Healthcare Practice. Registration with any similar educational course will be acceptable at this stage subject to it being at Postgraduate certificate level or greater.
- Venue: Online teaching
- Dates: 17 January 2023, 14 February 2023, 14 March 2023, 4 April 2023, 2 May 2023
- Fee: £867
- To enrol: Set up an account and search for the Facilitating Learning in a Healthcare Practice course commencing the new date. For queries regarding the application process email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If appointed, on completion of the course and proof of certificate, the course fee may be reimbursed (subject to available funding).