Health Education North East is one of the very few postgraduate deaneries with its own dedicated dental education and training centre
- Bourne House. Bourne House is our purpose built training and education centre in Durham and offers:
- State-of-the-art facilities
- Opportunity to meet with other dentists and dental care professionals from all over the region
- A great place to learn and train
- Facilities for both academic and clinical learning
- Lecture theatre
- Seminar room
- Board room
- Clinical Skills Unit
- X-ray room
Also located on the first floor is our newest facility, the library, which stocks a range of text books across many subjects. The £500,000 training facility is the hub of our education and training programmes for dentists and dental care professionals.
We are particularly proud of our 14 station clinical skills labatory with the latest equipment, including an operating microscope linked to monitors at each work station for maximum visibility of complex techniques.
Bourne House is also the 'home' of our state-of-the-art wireless SimMan which allows us to train in numerous CPR scenarios in a realistic way. All dental foundation trainees and dental teams have the opportunity to practice basic life support on this piece of equipment. Facilities also exist for practical radiology training in both intraoral and panoral techniques.
The building is also where most of our administrative support for dental foundation programmes and nearly all our dental foundation training programme directors are based.