At Health Education England, we offer a range of lifelong learning events and educational support to all members of the dental team and actively promote multi-disciplinary education throughout our region.
Dental Nurse Course Package
Access 62 hours of training for £50 a year
We are pleased to announce a new course package for NHS dental nurses working in the north east and north Cumbria.
• For a £50 annual fee, dental nurses can access the courses listed below.
• This package will allow dental nurses to meet their GDC CPD requirements, as well as providing a range of training for their personal development.
• These face-to-face courses will be delivered between 1st April 2019 and 31st March 2020.
• This package is available to registered dental nurses working within NHS dental services in the north east and north Cumbria.
DCP Core Study Day
Includes the GDC recommended topics: complaints handling, decontamination, legal and ethics update, oral cancer and radiology
|Alcohol, Drugs and Dentistry
Antibiotic Resistance and the Role of the Dental Nurse
Customer Care – Delivering an excellent service
Decontamination for the Dental Team
Delivering Better Oral Health
E-cigarettes and Oral Health
Extended Duties Taster Session
Oral Health Messages for hard to reach groups
Rubber Dam, Endodontics and Oral Surgery Demystified
Safeguarding Level 2
Supporting Patients with Dementia
The DCP and the GDC
Consent – all you need to know
Early Detection of Oral Cancer
Enhanced CPD – We can help to support you
Infection Prevention Society (IPS) Audit
Inhalation Sedation Update for Dental Nurses
This package is available to purchase via our online booking system; the package can be purchased by dental nurses or their employing practice.
• Once registered, delegates will be e-mailed monthly with the list of courses and details on how to reserve a place.
• Places must be reserved prior to attending; some courses have a restricted number of spaces.
• Please note, there are a limited number of places available on this scheme.
Terms and Conditions
• Although we are committed to delivering the courses listed, these may be subject to change in exceptional circumstances.
• If delegates fail to attend two courses which they have booked on to, they will no longer be able to participate in the scheme. Delegates can still attend any of our courses, but will need to pay the usual delegate fee for each course.
• Once the package has been purchased, delegates have 30 days to request a refund. However, if the delegate has attended a course, they will not be eligible for a refund.
Please e-mail us for more information.
Extended Skills Training
We offer a range of extended skills training for dental nurses:
Extended Duties for Dental Nurses:
• Clinical Photography
• Fluoride Varnish Application
• Impression Taking
• Rubber Dam
National Examining Board for Dental Nurses (NEBDN) Qualifications:
• Dental Radiology
• Dental Sedation Nursing
• Oral Health Education
• Orthodontic Dental Nursing
For further information on the EDDN or NEBDN programmes, including details of our next intakes, please e-mail us.
Peer Review for Dental Nurses and Practice Managers
• Join one of our peer review groups in Durham and Teesside.
• These sessions are free of charge and give participants the opportunity to meet colleagues, share experiences and learn from each other.
• The groups are facilitated by a member of our DCP team, and 2 hours of verifiable CPD is available for each session.
Upcoming sessions can be booked via our online course booking system.