GP Educators Conference 2023
Tuesday 7th March 2023 - via video conferencing
Wednesday 8th March 2023 - via video conferencing
Wednesday 22nd March 2023 - face to face
Thursday 23rd March 2023 - via video conferencing
We are pleased to announce that the theme of the 2023 GP Educators Conference is Restoring Equilibrium and we are hosting this conference FREE of charge.
The conference brochure can be found here. Please do not download a copy – when you need to access the brochure, please use the link above in case there are any changes made.
The brochure provides full information regarding the conference. Please ensure that you read pages 2 and 3.
Key points (further information can be found in the brochure)
- If you have registered for the face-to-face day, you will receive a separate email confirming your booking and more information.
- For the online days, there is no registration and no limit on the number of attendees per session.
- Please note that sessions will not be recorded due to governance and IT restrictions.
- The virtual conference will run using MS Teams
- For the online days, we will not be taking a register of attendance or producing certificates of attendance.
- Any handouts provided by facilitators will be available at this link as and when received.
- We will circulate an online feedback form to all trainers after Day 2 and Day 4.
- If you have any queries regarding any aspects of the conference, please get in touch in advance.
We have invited the submission of academic posters for the first time. These are available online andvwere displayed at the face-to-face day. Many thanks to those who took the time to submit/display a poster; excellent feedback was received at the face to face day.
Dr Justin Burdon judged the posters and awarded a certificate for the best poster to Dr Lewis Potter & Dr Chris Jefferies.
Randomised Coffee Trials
Randomised Coffee Trials (RCTs) are an optional opportunity for you to network with one or two other people. Please note these are organised by you and scheduled at your own convenience via whatever method you prefer. If you would like to take part, you need to sign up here by 19th February 2023. You will then be randomly split into groups of one or two and your group will be emailed so that you can liaise with each other to schedule your coffee time.
Pound for Pound Challenge
In keeping with a healthy body equals a healthy mind, we would like to encourage everyone to take active breaks. Last year we successfully logged over 400 miles of activity. This year we would like to challenge you similarly to Pound the pavement / pool - and log those miles. In recognition of the cost of living crisis and our invitational speaker on Food Poverty, our other challenge is to donate money to The Trussell Trust which helps to provide emergency food and support to people locked in poverty. Will our pounding the earth match our Pounds donated? This is the challenge of 2023! If you would like to get involved, please do so using the links below by 6th April 2023. We will feedback the outcome after this time.
The link to log your miles is here: Pound for Pound Challenge
The link to make a donation to The Trussell Trust is: JustGiving Pound for Pound Challenge
If you have any queries, please contact Laura.Dunn@hee.nhs.uk